Heaven’s Gait Ranch is always looking for new volunteers to help!
Volunteer Sara Walsh demonstrates a traditional croup mount on Mac while volunteer Maggie Robertson holds him steady as a lead walker.
Instructor Micah Keshemberg explains the role of a side walker to Vietnam Veteran Bob Reinhart.
Whether you have a lot or a little horse experience, all are welcome to learn what it takes to be a lead walker and side walker for our riders. Our Volunteer Coordinator & PATH Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructors will walk you through volunteer training, teaching you the necessary skills to ensure our participants have a safe and enjoyable experience while riding at Heaven’s Gait Ranch. Our volunteers make all our programs possible, and we could not offer our programs without their patience and support.
Do you like being outside and working with tools? Inquire about our next big project and see how your talents can help those in need!
There are countless opportunities for animal, nature, and people lovers to help improve their community. Our volunteers are vital to the success of our program, and we greatly appreciate all those who contribute.
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- See weekly progress among participants
- Learn about horses
- Expand your social circle
- Earn service hours
- Enjoy HGR community events
- Build a working relationship with a team of dedicated staff and volunteers
There are several different ways to volunteer at HGR. Some needs include caring for horses before and after lessons, side-walking and lead-walking during lessons, as well as ongoing property maintenance. Each requires specialized training and allows for hands-on experience before entering an actual lesson. Be sure to contact us about our next volunteer training schedule.
- All volunteers must be 13 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation.
- Lesson volunteers are required to sign up for a minimum of one shift per week. We appreciate it if you can commit to coming the same time every week, as consistency builds reliable, meaningful relationships among teams of horses, volunteers, and riders.
- Volunteers must sign in with the riding instructor to keep track of volunteer hours.
- Volunteers must be able to adhere to safety standards, follow directions of program staff, and provide services needed.
Download our Volunteer Application for 2019
Please send your competed application to the following address, and HGR will contact you regarding our next training day.
Heaven’s Gait Ranch
940 South Main Street
Cedar Grove, WI 53013